What Makes Us Special? Why are we the best bed and breakfast in Texas?
The Inn was designed for romantic overnight stays and fully embraces the farm to table concept. We are the only fully Farm-to-Table Inn in the country with a Certified Master Chef, there is no rival. Your Texas romantic getaway at our top-rated Bed and Breakfast will make a memory for a lifetime. The property was designed as a private getaway for the owners; the estate evolved into something more. Marcia and Brad fell in love with the old medieval Inns, bed and breakfasts and castles they encountered throughout Europe. Throughout their travels, they came upon historical and rare pieces they procured to enhance the resort. Their creation here is the fruition of their dream to open an inn based on these experiences.
The rest is our history in the making....
* Visit with other guests each evening, with complimentary cheese & wine in the library (in front of the fireplace during winter).
* Rare, entirely "Farm to Table." We raise all of our meats, vegetables, fruits, eggs, honey & milk.
* Named one of the top 10 Culinary Inns in the world (three times).
* Named top 10 Inns-Travel and Leisure
* Awarded Best Farm to Table Experience -Newsweek
* Best Texas Getaway- Martha Stewart live.
* Best trips for couples-Texas Highway Magazine
* 10 Hidden Texas Getaways-Fort Worth magazine
* Best Spa Massage- American Spa Magazine
* Best Christmas destination-Delta Inflight magazine
* Amazing European Stained Windows-New For Times
* Beautiful terraced outdoor area descending to the pool where staff circulates with chilled towels, fresh fruit, and water in summer.
* Outdoor game area with a giant chess set, giant checkers and more.
* Extensively landscaped grounds with serene and relaxing pocket gardens.
* 14 rolling acres on the banks of two creeks dotted with towering Pecan trees.
* Social hour each evening, offering complimentary hors-d'oeuvres, wine and rum punch in the library.
* Chef prepared hot, farm fresh breakfast delivered to guests each morning,
* In-room Keurig systems, allows guests to choose from coffees, teas, cider, and cocoa when the mood strikes.
* Complimentary lemonade & fresh-brewed peach iced tea in the guest reception area, along with homemade cookies.
We offer all the amenities of a Dallas luxury hotel, with the charm, beauty, and ambiance of a country estate for romantic overnight stays.
"I absolutely love coming here. It is so beautiful, grounding, peaceful."